Ontario's Borrowing Program – New Video Update!
Download the transcript (PDF)
July 6, 2020
- Investor Presentation (PDF) – NEW!
|Total Long-Term Public Borrowing:||$40.1B|
|Borrowed as of||$21.9B|
Note: Numbers may not add due to rounding.
- Secondary market liquidity with a wide range of offerings provide extensive investment and trading opportunities across the yield curve
- Ontario accounted for 67.2 per cent of Canadian provincial bond trading in 2019
- Attractive spreads provide opportunities for investors to achieve higher returns
- Benchmark Canadian provincial borrower
- Primary focus on Canadian dollar borrowing with likely issuance in U.S. dollars and Euro
|Credit Ratings (Long-Term/Short-Term)|
|Moody’s Investors Service||Aa3 / P-1|
|Fitch||AA- / F1+|
|DBRS Morningstar||AA (low) / R-1(mid)|
|S&P||A+ / A-1|
Liquidity and Short-Term Borrowing Capacity
- The Province has large liquid reserve levels to withstand periods of financial market volatility, such as currently being experienced.
- As of July 3, 2020, liquid reserve levels were $44.6 billion.